Specialty brands dominate the best selling adult diapers and absorbent underwear for last year.
In Healthwick’s 5 th annual list of the bestselling incontinence products, niche brands like Tranquility, Abena and Confidry 24/7 have emerged as the most in-demand products from 2016, along with the tried-and-true national retail brand TENA.
Healthwick is Canada’s largest online shop for incontinence products, including adult diapers, absorbent underwear, pads, underpads and more. Healthwick carries more than 500 national brand and niche continence care products in sizes XS/Youth to XXXL/Bariatric, all with fast, discreet direct-to-home shipping nationwide. As one of Canada’s best-known online retailers in incontinence products, Healthwick’s annual list of bestsellers offers both consumers and manufacturers insight into which products are trending in the industry.
1) For the third year in a row, Tranquility Premium Overnight Underwear tops the list as the bestselling product at Healthwick. This maximum absorbency underwear continues to attract a loyal customer base of caregivers, who appreciate the soft, cotton-like material and sturdy leg elastics. It’s also one of Healthwick’s most popular free samples, with new purchasers describing it as “the perfect solution to keep sheets dry”.
2) Confidry 24/7 Adult Diapers have made a big jump from 10th place in 2015 to 2nd place in 2016, due in part to being one of the few plastic-backed products still in the market in Canada. Unlike many maximum absorbency incontinence briefs which can be stiff and uncomfortable, Confidry has a soft, smooth outer shell and pillow-like inner padding.
3) In third place is another Tranquility staple for caregivers – Tranquility All-Through-The-Night Briefs. Like Confidry, Tranquility ATNs are plastic-backed, providing a feeling of security against leaks. This product is especially popular with parents of children with special needs as it comes in a wide size range starting at XS, giving parents an easy transition from children’s diapers to youth sizing, all at an affordable price point.
4/5/6) Denmark brand Abena enters Healthwick’s list of bestselling incontinence products from 2016 by claiming the 4th, 5th and 6th spots with the cloth-backed Abena Abri-Flex Premium Underwear, Abena Abri-Form Air Plus Premium Briefs and the plastic-backed Abena Abri-Form White Foil Briefs respectively. Like the other category leaders, all these Abena products are maximum absorbency, offering a fit and features that can’t be found in retail-level products, but at a slight premium for the pocketbook.
7) The new TENA Extra Protective Underwear (recently renamed in 2016 as TENA Ultimate Underwear) is a surprise entry on the bestseller list in 7th place. This newly redesigned absorbent underwear is unisex and the only item on the Healthwick list to be widely available in stores and pharmacies in Canada (although it seems customers appreciate the discreet and convenient direct-to-home shipping with Healthwick). Customers describe it as “very comfortable, cool and absorbent”.
8) Tranquility makes its final appearance in 8th place of the bestselling incontinence products of 2016 with the Tranquility Slimline Briefs – another plastic-backed adult diaper with absorbency similar to the Tranquility ATN, but with a compressed core that give a slimmer, more discreet profile.
9/10) Rounding out the list of Healthwick’s Bestselling Product of 2016 are the TENA Super Briefs and the TENA Stretch Super Briefs. While the TENA Super Briefs are familiar from last year, the Stretch Super Briefs are new to this list, and reflect an ongoing shift in the marketplace for consumers to choose more comfortable products that support an active lifestyle while still providing optimal protection.
A special mention was also made for a non-wearable product that just missed being one of the bestsellers of 2016 – the Uresta Bladder Support . This unique item comes from Canadian company Resilia and is a self-fitting pessary that supports a woman’s bladder from the inside out, reducing or eliminating the effects of light stress incontinence. This product won Consumer Choice Product of the Year – Incontinence in 2016 and will be one to watch in 2017.
Other products to watch in 2017 include the InControl Adult Diaper – a feature-rich plastic-backed super absorbency tabbed brief from the Canada-based Rearz company - and the new Prevail Overnight Underwear for Men and Woman – heavy absorbency gender-specific pull-ups that are breathable and fitted close to the body for comfort, at an economic price point.
All products from Healthwick’s List of the Bestselling Incontinence Products of 2016 can be found online at www.healthwick.ca, offered with fast & discreet shipping anywhere in Canada. Most products are also available as free samples when the customer pays shipping.